Having insects at home is a total disaster. Mosquitoes and flies can cause a slight discomfort but it seems to be a trifle when to compare with the roaches’ plague. The first time you see at least one, take actions immediately, especially, if it is a species known as a German cockroach. To eliminate German roaches is a big deal because they multiply at a huge speed, faster than any other kind of roaches. Within several months a few of mother loads can dwell the house with clouds of the offsprings. And even more terrifying thing, unlike other roach breeds, these ones can fly. Hence, they can occupy larger territory in less time.
How to see through the german roaches?
German cockroaches as a class of pests studied thoroughly possess certain features that help to single them out of the other roaches. They are a little bigger than brown roaches and can be up to 2 cm in length. But their feelers are usually twice as longer as the body. The German cockroaches are easily defined by a peculiar pattern on their backs – there are two lines that stretch from the head and along the wings. These marks are mainly dark brown or black. The roach can be seen through its habitat too. It adores wet places, warm enough to reproduce. They are generally spotted in and around cooking areas, garbage disposals and sinks or dishwashers. you may notice them even in the shower cabin as they like digesting household things as soap and gel. Though this spicies’ favourite products include all types of fats, sweet food and meat.
How to eliminate German roaches?
Due to a short cycle of reproduction, the absence of the predators able to hunt them in the surroundings and a talant to find the refuges in the tiniest holes and cracks the problem of German roaches elimination is still on the top of the list within numerous accomodation troubles. But the devil is not so black as he is painted. New efficient ways to clean your home from these pests are invented every year. Use the available stuff against roaches everywhere around the house.
Look through the list below and choose the items that suit your requirements:
- Use the foggers. They are cans filled with smoke, venomous for roaches but harmless for people and home animals. It is better to use several of them in the place you have seen these insects. be sure the cans are set in the right areas – as close as possible to the roaches’ nests.
- Insecticides will do a favour too. A bottle of boric acid in powder, spreaded below the walls, shelves and under the furniture and near the warm centres – cables and wires, contributes to the decrease of german roaches’ population as the breathing holes of the adult insects get stuck with the fine particles of the acid and they die in few hours.
- Buy sticking plasters for pests, sometimes called roach motels or houses. They trap the insects both adults and nymphs by means of special glue covering this item. They are helpful because you can fix them on any surface and either vertically or horizontally.
- Toxic spraying of the entire appartment is the most radical way. Never do it yourself, you can be allergic to some substances, get poisoned or damage the eye sight and breathing system of your own too. Call the professionals and be ready to move from your dwelling for a while. While packing your stuff – be aware of the fact the roaches can travel in your things, for example, electric appliances, books, clothes, gadgets etc. Pay attention to the slightest signs of German roaches and keep the stuff in plastic bags with tight zippers.
- Bleach and detergents. Use them regularly – pour into the sinks, toilets whatever. They eat away all the household items and food remains around and inside the places mentioned above and leave no nutriment for German roaches. This will keep your house from further infestation too.