Our next dish is a Spanish paella with meatballs. Supporting the manner of “How to cook that” channel, we made the dish on the river bank. Warning: the dish is extremely spicy!
- Minced beef
- Round-grained rice
- Chicken thighs
- Bell pepper (green, red yellow)
- Oyster mushrooms
- Tomatoes (yellow, red)
- Chili pepper
- Smoked paprika seasoning
- The first step is lighting a fire and cooking the chicken broth. Add salt, black pepper, bay leaf.
- At the time when the broth is boiling, form minced meat. Add pepper, salt, add smoked paprika, mix. As we prepared on the fire, I wasn’t sure to check it, so my meatballs were big. Moisten them with flour to make the crust appear faster.
- Set the frying pan on fire, add the sunflower oil. Spread meatballs, make sure that they do not burn. Do not forget about garlic. Here you can just crush it without peeling.
- Quickly chop the bell peppers and tomatoes. I chose vegetables of different colors to make it bright. I’m not sure that the color affected the taste, but it turned out beautiful for sure.
- Mix vegetables together with boiled chicken (from broth) to a frying pan after meatballs already have a crust. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes peak after combining peppers and tomatoes. Then put everything in a separate bowl.
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, chili pepper to the frying pan. The pan is great, we fry sliced oyster mushrooms at the same time.
- Now prepare rice sauce. After the oyster mushrooms are already fried, I add spices to the center of the pan: smoked paprika, salt, black pepper. Mix, add tomatoes. Wait for 5 minutes.
- It’s high time for rice. How much? It depends on your frying pan size. It demands a minimum height of 2-3 grains of rice. We do not cook porridge, but Spanish paella!
- Pour the broth in several stages. Rice is not preparing, but gradually absorbs moisture and all flavors.
- At the point the rice is clear, spread the first part: meatballs, chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes. Do not mix. Slowly add the broth so that it does not boil or burn.
- Add cheese after the dish is almost ready. You can both rub or slice, as we did in the video.
Video source: How to cook that?